All McKinney homeowners need to know the basics of drain cleaning. By following these 10 drain cleaning tips, you can ensure that your plumbing system remains in top condition and free from clogs.
1. Use a sink strainer: A sink strainer is an inexpensive device that fits over the drain and prevents hair, food particles, and other debris from going down the drain and causing clogs.
2. Avoid pouring grease down the drain: Grease congeals when it cools off and this causes serious blockages in your pipes. Instead of pouring grease down the drain, let it cool off in an old jar or container before disposing of it properly in the trash.
3. Boil water regularly: Boiling a large pot of water and slowly pouring it down the drain can help to clear out any debris or accumulated material in the pipes. This simple technique is also great for preventing clogs from forming.
4. Use a plunger: A plunger can be used to dislodge clogs that are caused by hair, soap scum, and other debris. Make sure to use a rubber plunger (not an old-fashioned bellows-style) for best results. If you do not have a plunger or do not know how to use it, you can schedule professional drain cleaning in McKinney, TX.
5. Use enzymatic cleaners: Enzymatic cleaners contain bacteria cultures that break down organic material like grease and food particles that can lead to clogs in your pipes. These products are safe to use and can help to prevent blockages from forming.
6. Use a plumbing snake: A plumbing snake is a long, flexible device that is inserted into the drain to physically break up clogs. This method is not recommended if you have plastic pipes as it may cause damage.
7. Try baking soda and vinegar: Natural cleaning agents can be used to clear out clogs in your drains. Simply mix equal parts of each ingredient into a paste and pour it down the drain followed by hot water for best results.
8. Clean your drains regularly: To prevent clogs from forming, try cleaning your drains once every few weeks with an enzymatic cleaner or a homemade solution of baking soda and vinegar.
9. Don’t flush foreign objects: Don’t flush anything except human waste and toilet paper down the toilet as it can cause serious clogs in your plumbing system.
10. Schedule professional drain cleaning: If you notice that your drains are sluggish, have a funny odor, or are not functioning properly, it may be time to get services like leak detection in McKinney, TX. Professional drain cleaning services can help to remove any clogs and restore the efficiency of your plumbing system.
By following these 10 tips, you can prevent major plumbing issues in your McKinney home and keep your drains functioning properly. If you are having any problems with your drains, contact a plumber right away for professional assistance!
What Are The Services Provided By Professional Plumbers?
Professional plumbers provide a variety of services to meet the needs of their customers. These services may include the following:
1. Repair and maintenance of plumbing systems. This includes fixing leaks, replacing broken pipes, and installing new fixtures.
2. Installation of water heaters and other related appliances. Professional plumbers can also install gas lines and venting systems for larger appliances.
3. Inspection of plumbing systems to ensure they are up to code. This is especially important if you are buying a new house or remodeling an old one.
4. Sewer and drain cleaning services. Professional plumbers will use special equipment to unclog drains and pipes, as well as clear out grease traps and other buildups in sewer lines.
5. Backflow testing and installation of backflow prevention devices. These devices protect your home from contaminated water entering the plumbing system.
6. Water filtration and purification services. Professional plumbers can install water filtration systems to improve the quality of your drinking water.
7. Repiping of homes and businesses to upgrade existing pipes or add new lines for additional fixtures or appliances.
8. Gas line installation, repair, and maintenance. Professional plumbers are experienced in working with natural gas and propane lines for outdoor grills, heaters, and other appliances.
9. Video pipe inspection services to check the condition of pipes without having to dig into walls or floors.
10. Emergency plumbing services when you need help right away. Professional plumbers can provide quick assistance in the event of a plumbing emergency.
No matter what type of plumbing service you need, professional plumbers are equipped and qualified to meet your needs. They will be able to assess the situation quickly and make any necessary repairs or installations. If you’re searching for a plumbing company that you can rely on, reach out to JMP Plumbing Services at (469) 337-3725. We pride ourselves on providing quality workmanship and excellent customer service. If you need a plumber, don’t hesitate to give us a call!