Television is an important part of any living room, and with progressing technology, the structure of the TV has contracted from a massive box to a smooth and sleek wall-mounted unit. Thus, the TV unit designs have additionally seen a dramatic transformation over the years.
When deciding the right TV unit for your living room, it’s essential to consider its aesthetics and functionality. The size, material type, color, and storage features of TV units also helps in deciding the most appropriate piece for your room.
While there are various TV designs available online and in stores today, we would recommend considering the following things before you decide which TV unit is perfect for you.
Table of contents
- 1 1. Consider room layout before selecting the TV design
- 2 2. The size of the TV unit should coordinate with the size of the TV
- 3 3. Pick the material and shade of the TV unit carefully
- 4 4. Basic and Modern TV Unit
- 5 5. What different types of TV units you can consider for your living room?
1. Consider room layout before selecting the TV design
Before picking TV unit designs for the living room, it is vital to think about the layout of your room and position where you’d like to place a television. Although many TV units can be adjusted to fit into a room, if the size and style don’t go well with the design of your living room, it won’t look that great aesthetically.
2. The size of the TV unit should coordinate with the size of the TV
In case you are placing a television on a stand rather than a wall mount, it’s best to pick a TV unit that’s perfect for the size of your television. When you buy TV unit online ensure that its dimensions are either similar or bigger than the TV screen. Whether you pick stands or wall-mounted units, it’s best to have extra space for entertainment gadgets and decorative accessories to keep the living room well-organized.
3. Pick the material and shade of the TV unit carefully
The material and the color of the TV unit should coordinate with the overall decor theme of your living room. A TV unit made in dim conditioned wood gives the room a traditional vibe and brings warmth into it. On the other hand, you can pick the color or material of the TV unit to coordinate the color scheme or basic theme of the living room furniture.
4. Basic and Modern TV Unit
Regardless of whether the living room style is traditional, Bohemian or modern, the TV unit should meet the needs of your family. For example, if you have kids at home, think before you pick a TV unit structure with glass doors that can break very easily. Likewise, a unit with open racks requires routine cleaning, if you don’t get time for regular cleaning, it’s best to pick a TV unit with more drawers and racks. It will keep things covered up and make the living room look flawless and well-organized.
5. What different types of TV units you can consider for your living room?
Television unit designs are available in various styles. The most well-known ones are:
- Inbuilt TV wall unit: This is the most popularly recognized type of TV unit style in the living rooms for modern homes. It fills in as a foundation for the wall-mounted TV and is smooth and thin, occupying next to no space. It can also be customized as per the necessity and changing future needs.
- Entertainment zone: This TV table stand configuration is perfect for huge corridors and can be intended to cater as a total fun zone for the family. It must have adequate storage space for all the entertainment gears, like CDs, gaming consoles, etc.
- TV hutch: This alludes to a model where the TV is encased inside the cabinet. Here the TV furniture blends with the interior decor the room and isn’t a focal point.
- Low TV unit: A unit of this sort is at a low height and stretches out along the length of the wall. It is perfect for living rooms with low seating arrangements for keeping the TV at convenient viewing height.
Naresh Prashar is marketing manager of E-Living Furniture, a leading online portal for affordable and elegant furniture for all types. Now a busy businessman, he loves to travel around the world and write on related topics whenever finds some time from his busy schedule.