What is mold?
Mold is one of the types of fungus, which grows over the period of time in the presence of humidity. They may look like damp stains on the walls in various colors. Generally, molds are not harmful and exist outdoors as well as indoors in smaller quantities. The problem arises if these molds tend to grow in large shapes inside the enclosed spaces or homes. They then contribute to the poor quality of air indoors, leading to various respiratory health issues.
Side effects on health
In general, a mold is known to be harmless but if it grows it can lead to a number of health issues. Mold in itself is not very toxic in nature, but the toxic substance that it produces also known as mycotoxins leads to serious health issues. From breathing issues to redness in eyes, watery eyes, runny nose and much more. People who have mold allergies may experience serious health concerns with these, may develop skin rashes or chronic lung illnesses. Hence, these people need to take extra care to ensure that mold does not develop into their house and look for mold remediation.
What is mold remediation process?
Almost every house has the mold but it is advisable to fight the mold and get it removed from your house before it becomes a major concern. Mold remediation is the process of mold removal or cleaning the mold from the home. it is advisable to get mold remediation Tacoma to be done by a professional because they can identify the places where the molds are growing or find the possible places where they can grow over the period of time.
5 Tips To Remediate Mold in Your Home
Molds are generally found in places where there is the presence of moisture, for example, bathrooms, basements or corners of a wall, under the sink or places where the food is left and not cleaned up for days. They are generally green. brown or black in color and has a musty smell to it.
Here are best 5 tips to remediate mold in your home
- Keep a check on the moisture level in the house: Have a regular check of moisture inside the house, as mold survives and grows only on moisture, controlling moisture level will automatically reduce the chances of the mold to grow. Air conditioners and dehumidifiers can be used to a good check on the moisture levels, but ensure to keep these clean too regularly.
- Introduce sunlight to your house: Another best way to deal with mold infestation is to provide more and more sunlight to your house. Because sunlight is the best remedy to keep a check on indoor moisture. Open the windows and doors once in a day and let the sunlight enter the house.
- Dispose of damaged goods: If there are some unused old goods around the house, it is advisable to remove them from the house immediately. Because over the period of time, these unused goods tend to get moist, hence, an easy development of the mold around the house. These unused items also tend to be hidden places for mold to grow.
- Regular check for plumbing system in the house: Ensure that you get your plumbing system checked from time to time because these are the areas which when neglected are the direct invitation to the growth of the mold. There should be no leakage or water clogging around the water pipeline, this can be checked regularly by your own self and ensuring to be cleaned immediately.
- Regular cleaning of closed areas: Enclosed spaces, like the closets or the corners of the attic, must be checked frequently. Imagine if the mold develops inside the closet, this may lead to far more serious health issues because the moisture will enter in the fabric which will be worn later on.
The timely inspection will prevent the mold to develop, regular cleaning and maintain the healthy moisture levels are the major key components to prevent from mold infestation.